Monday, May 08, 2006

First day (really)

I know exactly five people in the entire region, and I ran into one of them on the train this morning. It's already starting to feel like home here.



The morning started out with checklists and a tour, and I got to hang out in the children's area in the afternoon. I answered my very first question (how can I find a book about wolves?), and I even remembered who wrote the Magic Treehouse books without checking the catalog. They did a very good job of not overwhelming me with too much stuff on the first day.

I met tons of people, and I think I might remember most of their names.

I called a bunch of people while I was waiting for the train to take me home, and someone asked what I wore for my very first day. I started to describe my shirt..."it's got a big embroidered butterfly"...and I realized it made me sound like one of those librarians who wears the holiday-themed jumpers. (No offence, I'm sure they're very nice people.) I had to take a picture to prove I didn't look frumpy.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger A. Rivera said...

Well, it looks very nice. Good to hear it was a good day. Again, congrats and very best of luck.

Best, and keep on blogging.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You also wore your ring. Loves it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home