Monday, April 17, 2006

Hired!

Introducing MPOW! In a few short weeks, I will be the new Youth Services Librarian at the San Carlos branch of the San Mateo County Library. Youth means children in this case (though technically, I'm a "Public Services Librarian," so really it's babies and seniors and everybody in between).

I was hired a while ago, but I wanted to wait until I had the official piece of paper before saying anything publicly. End-of-semester chaos was quickly replaced by packing-up-everything-I-own chaos, so I'm a bit late with the news. And in case you were wondering, this is the interview where I showed up 20 minutes late. I love these people already. Not to mention, I get to work with the Librarian In Black!

If I weren't so distracted by carefully wrapping my dishes in paper and forwarding my mail, I'd be really really excited.

I suppose I should have all sorts of thoughtful comments reflecting on my experiences of the past two years, but quite frankly, my brain shut off after my last class. I went right from indexing to a shift at the agriculture library, and I think I was the most useless accessory at the reference desk that afternoon. When a student came up to the desk and asked, "Can you help me?" the only honest answer would have been, "Nope. Sorry."

So, allow me a brief hiatus, and stay tuned...

7 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger A. Rivera said...

Congratulations and good luck. I have been following as you post those interview questions, so glad to see the work paid off. Best, and keep on blogging.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Michael A. Golrick said...

Congratulations Heidi! And I look forward to seeing you on Council (I hope for both of us!)

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Sara Zoe Patterson said...

congratulations! i'm so happy this chapter of your blog has a happy ending. i am looking forward to the next!

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's great! I loved how you posted your interview questions -- very helpful to those of us going through the process! Best of luck!

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to working with you! I've been here for three weeks and SMCL really does seem like a great place to work. There is much change afoot!

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm behind on my feed reading, but allow me to wish you a no less hearty congratulations. You've done a great service for job-seekers by posting interview questions and tips--I certainly made use of them! And I'm glad to see that all that work has paid off well for you, too.

Good luck with packing, moving, and all the rest.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being elected Heidi! Emily Yearwood-Lee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home