Friday, May 05, 2006

First day (kinda)

I went to a meeting and filled out paperwork yesterday, even though I don't officially start until Monday. The administration building, aka Central Library, is in a pretty random location. I think I may be the only person ever to have travelled there by bus (a remarkable feat, considering the bus only goes that direction five times a day).



In the middle of the pile of tax forms and email policies was something a little odd. I had to swear an oath to the Constitution.

I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of California; that I take this obligation freely, without any [???] reservation or pur[???] of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties [???] which I am about to enter.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you actually signed that, you're a big liar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home