Friday, May 05, 2006

Road trip


On the road again. Honestly, the only time I use my driver's license is when I'm behind the wheel of a moving truck.







Elev. 14,162. Mt. Shasta and me. (That's Steve's thumb, btw.) The highest point on I-5 is actually a ways back, just across the Oregon border in the Siskiyous.







Madam, I'm Adam. Sadly, the Yreka Bakery went out of business. This is as close as we could get.







Exit 631. The fuel pump went kablooey and we broke down about three and a half hours from where we needed to be. The engine lost power on the interstate...luckly we were able to coast to the offramp. We were stuck there for about three hours, and it was pretty hot. The folks in Corning, CA, are incredibly kind. Several people stopped to give us water.







Rescued! If you're ever stuck in Corning, Phil's Towing gets a big thumbs up from me.







Backwards. We got towed to Redding the next day to swap the truck (that's about an hour north of where we broke down).







Second time's the charm. Things got very deja-vu-y at this point. The same Madonna song that was playing when we broke down even came on the radio again.







Aaaah.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome photos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home