Friday, May 26, 2006

NOLA public transit

It looks like it is possible to take a bus from the airport to downtown. Jefferson Transit operates a bus from the airport to Tulane and Carrollton, then you can catch the 39 Tulane into town. The whole thing should take less than an hour if you make a good connection. Both Jefferson transit and RTA (they operate the 39) are free at this point. Neither one runs particularly often in the evening, and the airport line stops running a little after 9pm. Unfortunately, my flight to NOLA gets in a little late for the bus. I saw a blog post or email a day ago that said something about no bus service from the airport, but of course I can't find it now. There's an airport shuttle since the cab situation seems a bit dodgy. I think I'll have to go with the shuttle when I arrive, but I might give the bus a shot for the trip back. Unless someone wants to share a cab/adventure? I arrive 8:15pm on Thursday and leave at 1pm on Monday.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drat. . . my flight doesn't get in until 10:30 Thursday night. The bus on the way back sound promising, though. Thanks for the info!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home