Thursday, January 26, 2006

Vaguest rejection letter ever

This was in the mailbox when I got back from San Antonio. From the Human Resources Department:

The Library Services Department has advised us that they have made a decision, and the individual they have selected will be made a job offer.

This would have been totally depressing (I was really excited about this one) if I hadn't run into someone from the interview panel at Midwinter. It was great to be able to talk to her without having to maintain the interview poker face. Turns out they liked me, they just couldn't hire me. After chatting for ten minutes or so, she recruited me to work with her on an article she's writing.

Moral of the story: sometimes you're not interviewing for the position you think you're interviewing for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home