Saturday, June 24, 2006

NOLA

I've arrived in New Orleans and will be spending some time over at the PLA blog, along with a host of other conference bloggers.

Yesterday I met up with Laura and Beth, a librarian from Slidell (across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans). Beth took us on a driving tour of some flood-damaged libraries and led us to some tasty gumbo. After everything that I saw yesterday, I am duly impressed with how good the city looks. I'm sure it would be possible to spend a few days downtown and not notice much out of the ordinary. On the shuttle to the conference this morning, the folks behind me were lamenting that not much had been done to beautify the area around the convention center. I turned around and suggested that what they saw was the result of rather extensive beautification efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home