Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I voted today

my very first 'i voted today' sticker
This is the first time I've voted anywhere other than Oregon, and it's actually the first time I've voted at a polling place. The first few years I voted absentee. By the time I moved back home, Oregon was exclusively vote by mail.

I couldn't wait to get my "I voted today" sticker. The one I got says "I voted touchscreen," but that's close enough. The whole thing felt a bit like a video game...I followed a bunch of arrows to arrive at my destination, and all the important stuff happened on a video screen.

To make things even more exciting, I got to vote on a statewide bond measure for public libraries. It almost feels like I'm waiting to get a report card from millions of people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home