Teen librarian interview questions
Four person panel. 45 minutes, 10 questions. Entry level teen librarian job at a mid-sized urban public library. Fairly standard library interview fare. The questions are very paraphrased, but you'll get the idea.
- Tell us about your experience and your strengths as they relate to the position.
- How would you handle a complaint from an adult patron about noisy teenagers?
- How would you respond to a woman who complains about inappropriate content in a YA book?
- What would you do if you overheard a colleague doing a bad job of answering a reference question?
- Talk about your experience working with English language learners, teachers, and school librarians.
- If you received $500 to spend on anime books, how would you spend it?
- Describe how you would help a high school student who is looking for books on the Civil War for a homework assignment.
- Describe the process of planning and promoting a successful library program for teens.
- Tell us about a YA book you read recently that you enjoyed. Who would you recommend this book to?
- Do you have anything else to add? Any questions for us?