Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Goal for the fall semester

Brush up on my Spanish. I feel like this is a given for anyone who wants to work at a public library in the US. I lived in Spain for a year, so the language is firmly implanted in my psyche, but it has retreated into the more remote crags of my brain. In the last few years I've spent more time working on my German. Strangely, I feel like the Spanish has been percolating all this time and may have even gotten better (once I brush the dust off of the right synapses). And here's a surprise...I used my German twice this summer while working at the public library, and Spanish only once. Ideally, I'd like to spend a little bit of time each day reviewing grammar and working on my vocab and pronunciation. This means that I'm going to have to be careful with other aspects of my schedule and reserve some time para revisar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home